当前位置:网站首页 > 加拿大留学 > 魁北克省

Champlain Regional College(查普林地区学院)

2008-09-16 08:07:36

Champlain Regional College, the fourth of the English language colleges, was established on April 7, 1971.

The College is named after Samuel de Champlain: seventeenth century explorer, fur trader, writer and far-sighted administrator of New France. With its three widely separated locations, Champlain was the first regional college in the CEGEP network.

ABOUT CHANPLAIN LENNOXVILLE

Champlain Regional College, the fourth of the English language colleges, was established on April 7, 1971. The College is named after Samuel de Champlain: seventeenth century explorer, fur trader, writer and far-sighted administrator of New France. With its three widely separated locations, Champlain was the first regional college in the CEGEP network.

ABOUT CHAMPLAON ST.LAMBERT
 
St. Lambert is the largest component of Champlain Regional College. It was opened in September 1972 in temporary quarters when space shortages necessitated a new CEGEP facility on the South Shore.

The first priority was to find a permanent location for a campus and to get the physical plant built. With the acquisition of 21 acres of land (8 in St. Lambert and 13 in Longueuil) along the St. Lawrence Seaway, a contract was negotiated and in August 1973, the first block of the building was completed. The move into a new educational facility began and classes started on September 4th. Construction of phase two of the building was commenced in August 1974. Champlain St. Lambert is the only Anglophone CEGEP with specially designed facilities in the Montreal area.

The completed campus was officially opened in October 1976. St. Lambert has established a sound reputation in established programs and in addition to the regular day program, offers an extensive selection of continuing education courses. This extension program rivals the day operation not only in numbers but also in social significance.

ABOUT CHAMPLAIN ST.LAWRENCE  

Champlain St. Lawrence was founded as a private boys' school in Ste-Foy in 1958 by Maurice Cardinal Roy. As a classical college affiliated to Laval University, St. Lawrence offered an eight year program - High School and College - leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree.

In 1965, St. Lawrence became a coeducational institution when it accepted the students of the neighboring Marymount College which was closing. St. Lawrence has been located in various places during its evolution. In 1958, it started in the Grand Séminaire of Laval University; in 1964, it moved to its own facilities on Wolfe Avenue, which were sold to the Régionale de Tilly seven years later; then, in 1972, to the "old bowling alley" on Jean-Dequen; and finally, in 1977, to its present new facilities at 790 Nérée-Tremblay.

As St. Lawrence changed its location, it also changed as an educational institution. After the Parent Report and the emergence of the present collegial system, the High School and B. A. programs were phased out, and St. Lawrence, now a CEGEP, was first affiliated with Collège Ste-Foy and then, with Vanier College of Montreal. On July 1, 1972, St. Lawrence became a constituent of Champlain Regional College.

As a member of the collegial community, St. Lawrence has taken the best of its traditions and combined them with the innovations of the present collegial system to produce students who can face the future with confidence.

Website:www.champlaincollege.qc.ca

相关文章
相关推荐

用户名: 验证码:  
  • 您将承担一切因您的行为、言论而直接或间接导致的民事或刑事法律责任。
  • 留言板管理人员有权保留或删除其管辖留言中的任意内容。
  • 本站提醒:不要进行人身攻击。谢谢配合。
[Ctrl+Enter]

Queen's University(

联系电话:1-613-533-2216

学校位置:安大略省

学校网址:www.queensu.ca

University of Victor

联系电话:(250) 721-7211

学校位置:英属哥伦比亚省

学校网址:www.uvic.ca

Acadia Nuiversity(阿

联系电话:(902) 542-2201

学校位置:新斯科沙省

学校网址:www.acadiau.ca

Copyright © 2002- Yorkbbs.ca All Rights Reserved. 约克论坛 版权所有

广告热线:416-628-9108   416-915-5056    广告邮件:[email protected]  网站管理:[email protected]